Thursday, July 3, 2008

Along Came A Spider

Side note: I fear I've become a little jumpy up here at my grandparents house as I continue to have unwanted run-ins with spiders, bugs, and critters.

The other day I decided to take a stroll in my grandma's garden. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and there was a cool coastal breeze blowing through the trees. As I was walking along the path, I found myself looking at the ground more than the flowers around me. I seemed to be more concerned about movement in the grass, and was looking out for spiders, snakes, and unwanted critters. Because of that fact, I didn't even have a chance to dodge what lay ahead of me. One second I was looking at the grass, and the next second I had spider webs all over my head. As I was so occupied watching where my feet were going, I failed to see the spider web that was strung across the path between two trees. I actually heard the web ripping as it snagged on the top of my head. I let out some kind of yelp and immediately began flailing my arms to snatch the cobwebs from my head. After a few seconds of that dance routine I hung my head down to see if any hitchhikers were dangling from my hair. I found none.

I tell you, when I walked into that web, it was as though my head bent backwards as though I was practicing with a limbo bar. If only you could've seen it.

No comments: