Friday, July 18, 2008

Fresh From the Oven

Here in Arizona, you don't need an oven to warm something up.......your car will do just fine.

I bought some chewy Chips Ahoy cookies on my lunch break today and accidentally left them in the car. They've been warming themselves up ALL afternoon under the HOT Arizona sun. I just went out to put some boxes in the trunk and when I realized I'd left my cookies in the trunk, I began to dread what the cookies were now going to look like. A melted mess, I was sure.

Well, despite the fact that the damage has already been done, I decided to bring them into the building with me and placed them on the corner of my desk. Figured I could at least attempt to get them back to room temperature. Temptation got the best of me though, as my taste buds suddenly began craving a morsel of cookie, and I indulged myself. I carefully opened the package, afraid at what I might see, but much to my astonishment the cookies were all in tact. I pulled out a cookie and took a little bite, and I tell you---it was like eating cookies straight out of the oven. Oh so soft and oh so warm! I decided to share the wealth with my sister and rushed into her office with the package of cookies. It was actually pretty delicious and as I went in for a second cookie I thought to myself that they weren't so bad. Then I noticed all the chocolate dots left behind on my fingers from the melted chips.................but who cares when you have something that tastes that good!

I've got my own easy bake oven sitting out front in the parking lot. How lucky am I?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez that's a pretty expensive easy bake oven you have. haha :)

Judith Anne said...

Well you know, I was never fortunate enough to have one as a kid, but look at me now!

I love my easy bake, wink-wink.