Friday, January 16, 2009

Peeping Tom

As I was getting dressed this morning I had opened my wooden blinds just a hair to let in a little sunshine. I finished clothing myself and I opened them up a little more, about half an inch, and turned to put my PJ's away. When I turned back around I froze in fear! There I stood, eyes as huge as saucers with a heart that skipped a beat or two. I think I had to remind myself to breath again. Standing directly on the sidewalk outside my window was the form of someone in a lumberjack shirt and glasses, staring directly towards my window. Creepy! I knew there was no way they could have seen anything with the blinds being practically closed, but it still gave me quite a shock.

I knew the person outside would have to be looking really hard to see me through the now open blinds so I carefully and quietly crept closer to the window and dared a peek out for a closer look. The peeping tom outside my window was actually one of the older ladies in the neighborhood out walking her dog. She let him wander halfway up into our yard, directly in the path of my window. Nothing like a heart-stopping scare in the early morning hours. Sheesh.

(I think I know who's been letting their dog poop in our yard.....)

No comments: