Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dumb Dogs

All was quiet in the house. The children were napping, Mom and I were resting on the couches, and the dogs were snoozing in the backyard........or so we thought.

Mom and I nearly suffered heart attacks after what just took place. There we were resting, nearly asleep, when out of nowhere came the most horrific yelping sound from a dog, as though it was being killed. Mom and I both flew off of the couches trying to figure out what was going on. I thought the dogs were killing each other while my mom thought they had escaped and had been hit by a car. So there we were, both half asleep in a panic trying to figure out what was going on. I rushed out to the backyard expecting to find blood or worse. And what did I find?! Both dogs came nonchalantly walking up to me from the side yard. I rushed over to where they had come from and took in my surroundings. I was able to register the situation and came up with my own conclusion as to what happened.

I believe the culprit was Chloe. I noticed there was a pile of black foam, bitten and chewed up by the front gate where the seed spreader had previously been. The seed spreader was now feet away from me in the corner of the backyard. My guess: Chloe felt the ever annoying need to chew on something and took out her teething issues on the handlebar of my dad's seeder. Somehow she must have gotten stuck in the wire that runs from the handle down to the seeder carrier, she panicked and along with all of her yelping and freakish barking, hauled that thing down the side of our house to where it now rested. By the time I got out there, she had already freed herself, but as I walked over to the crime scene she knew she'd done bad and her tail was tucked between her legs. After I cleaned up all the rubber pieces lying by the garage door, I went for the seeder so I could put it away and Chloe freaked. She looked petrified. I think she got the poop scared out of her from that little episode. (Serves her right!)

Mom came outside to see if I was okay and she told me she half expected to see me bent over one of the dogs with their innards hanging out. Pahhhhhhh! Dumb dogs.

Deep down I think I was hoping it was the neighbors dogs causing a scene. What kind of animals am I raising?! Knuckleheads.

No comments: