Monday, January 26, 2009

Bouncin'

This evening I am working on recovering from my embarrassment from my earlier episode of walking into a wall.

I was subbing in a classroom today and I had lined the children up to go to P.E. We were walking through the neighboring classroom and right before we headed out of their door I turned around to watch my students and make sure they were being quiet and staying in line. I continued taking steps backwards but miscalculated how close I was to the door, and I walked right into the door frame! The blinds in the little window by the door were shaking from the impact and I practically BOUNCED off the door frame as I did a 360 turn. I'm not kidding. I picked up some momentum coming off of the door frame, it all happened so fast. The little boy that was leading the line looked at me with an ever so serious face and asked me, "Are you okay?" I assured him I was fine. (In the back of my mind, all I was trying to do was figure out how many people, aka-adults, saw that smooth move.)

Well, I quickly found out. The teacher in the classroom that we were passing through never let on that she saw anything, but as I BOUNCED out the door---there stood the two male P.E. teachers and they both were wearing silly grins of amusement. They were having trouble hiding their laughter. Of course I was all smiles, acting as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened and walked my kids up to their P.E. teacher. Secretly I think I was hoping that they were just laughing at something one of their students had said to them.

Wishful thinking............?

3 comments:

T. Russell said...

yeah, you just keep on thinkin' that those guys were laughing at their students instead of you! :) Your post was on Monday and it's now Thursday, you're slackin' girl...I know, I'm not one to talk, I update my blog about once a year but I need my daily Judith dose!

T. Russell said...

ps. Love you and miss you like crazy!

Judith Anne said...

You're such a loyal fan, wink-wink. I'll try and pick up the pace.

Love you much! (....and MISS you too!)