Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wounded Woes

I think I've nearly reached my breaking point today.

Ever since we set foot in Texas I have been battling it out in the elements. I have suffered constant mosquito bites, 30+ welts a day is a common occurrence now, I have a bruised welt on the back of my calf from the dogs lead line being pulled against my skin, and I have now radically torn up my heels.

Rather than wear my usual flip flops this morning while I took the dogs for a walk I decided to wear some flat tennis shoes..........with no socks. Two blocks into our walk I knew I was in for trouble. I was faced with two options, continue walking in the shoes or go without and walk the glass littered streets barefoot. (Had I known the end result I would have gladly walked barefoot the rest of the way home.)

After trudging on with pain shooting up my heels we finally reached the house. I glanced down expecting to see some red spots from rubbing but was unfortunately slapped in the face with the reality of damage I had caused. I had a handful of blisters and some very sore spots where the skin had been rubbed raw, and I mean really raw.

Oh woe is me....................I need a hammock, flip flops, and bug spray stat. LOL!

No comments: