Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moonlight Madness

My husband and I were in the basement last night and as I was lying on the couch I happened to glance up towards the window. Through the curtain I was able to make out the moon and couldn't get over how bright it was. I marveled about how bright it was shining and I insisted my husband pause what he was doing and come take a look. It was amazingly white and it was lighting up the whole window!

After he looked at the window he gave me a sheepish smile and said three simple words, "That's the streetlight." I didn't think for a moment that it could have possibly been the streetlight. All I could focus my thoughts on were the moon. I decided I needed a closer look and shot up off the couch. I went directly to the window and pulled back the curtain. Much to my dismay I saw a white streetlight blazing in the dark night for all to see.

I guess I forgot that my husband has lived in this house for over 24 years and probably knows more about it than I do. Just a minor detail. LOL!

That's one large step for mankind...................and one small step backwards for me.

No comments: