Friday, July 9, 2010

Lick of Death

I took all 3 dogs out this morning and all of them headed for 1 spot in the middle of the yard. It's a rarity for all 3 of them to be honed in on the same place at once so I knew something must be up. I immediately went to investigate and found a tidbit of butterscotch looking poop under some debris. I believe it had been "placed" there earlier by one of our dogs, Benny, when my husband let him out earlier in the morning.

I attempted to shoo them away from the poop but they were determined to get a nose full of he butterscotch mousse looking poop. As soon as I saw Benny and Abbie's tongues pop out to start licking the poop I knew there was going to be trouble. I hastily grabbed their leashes and pulled them away as fast as I could before my fears came true. Unfortunately I didn't move fast enough because it appeared to me as though Abbie had gotten a good solid lick in and was mulling it over across her tongue before swallowing.

Upon reaching her I grabbed her snout and pulled it close to see if she had actually gotten a bite of the poop and my fears were confirmed. She smelled like a fresh poop. Before I could unhand her snout she leaned forward and licked me right on the lips! I thought I was going to die right there on the spot.

I couldn't reach the soap fast enough after getting inside..........

No comments: