Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Attacked by a bear?!

Last night I woke up to my brother coming down the hall with his flashlight. Even though he comes in at odd hours of the night he still likes to come to my room and see the dogs. Well, I had just woken up as he came down the hall and I was in a near sitting position, leaning against my headboard when he asked me, "What are you doing?"

I responded in a sad voice that I was just thinking of our sister. I could tell from his voice that he wore a confused look on his face and he asked in an incredulous voice, "Why?"

I looked at him in disbelief and felt like asking him how he could be so insensitive. Here our sister had just been attacked by a bear in the mountains and was clinging to life by a thread and he had the audacity to ask me WHY I was thinking of her?! I couldn't believe it! I told him that she'd been attacked by a bear and he replied back with a "What? She was attacked by a bear?" He then made a comment about her dog Bella, Bella the Bear.

And then....................well, then I started to piece things together in my brain and realized it was just a dream that I had just woken up from. It had seemed so real that I thought it had truly happened and my sister WAS out there in some mountain hospital barely alive and I had to find her.

That's twice now in the past week that I've woken up from a dream thinking it had really happened and drug my brother into it. He must think I'm a nutjob. Hahaha!

1 comment:

Heather said...

All I can say sister mine is lay off the Pixie sticks before bed! :) I don't know if I'll survive another one of your dreams.