Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tube-o-licious

Oh...my.....gosh. I came down to my sisters house this evening bringing along a bag of Frito's and a can of chili. Yes, I know it is not the healthiest snack/dinner but I didn't care this evening. I was full of indecisiveness. Anywho, after the chili had been heated I began spooning it onto the chips. As I looked into the bowl of chili my brow furrowed and my mouth dropped open in pure disgust. There lying in the bowl was a tube like structure staring back at me. I kid you not! It was as round as a drinking straw and was at least 1/2 an inch long. SICK! I almost lost my appetite right there. I flung the "tube" into the sink and it stood straight up. Gross. Like a bad train wreck I wanted to pull my eyes from it but was sickly drawn to it out of curiosity. I couldn't tell what it was. Or............maybe I just wanted to believe that I didn't know what it was. I tried to get my sister to come look at it, but her face told me no. I quickly sunk it down the sink.

As I sat on the couch eating my plate of chips and chili, pictures of that "tube" came flashing through my brain every 5 seconds and I had to try and push that from my brain so I could continue eating without gagging. I had to tell myself over and over, "Judith, it's okay, just eat it." That picture has been burned into my memory forever. I will never look at canned chili the same way again.

Needless to say, I did NOT save the leftover chili.

2 comments:

T. Russell said...

I really can't believe you actually ate it! Wasn't there a similar story like this with some type of lunch "Meat"? :)

Judith Anne said...

Ohhhh, I didn't EAT anything! I ate the "safe" chili that was already on my chips, but the rest of it I threw away, along with teh tube in the sink. You better believe I scanned every single chip before putting it in my mouth. :)