Monday, February 9, 2009

Lost and Found

Last night at church, I was sitting on the pew next to my dad and decided to put some lotion on. I took my ring off and carefully set it on the pew beside me to my right. I lotioned up my hands and then turned to the left to put the bottle of lotion back in my purse. As I turned back around to pick up my ring I found that it was GONE! My ring that had previously been sitting on the pew next to me was no longer there. My heart stopped for a split second and I know the panic shown in my eyes as I knew what I had to do. I was turning my head left to right, trying to figure out how it disappeared. In a voice laced with confusion I told my dad, "My ring is gone........I think I knocked it onto the floor!" Mentally I was picturing how embarrassing it was going to be crawling around under the church pews but I HAD to find my ring. I was JUST about to drop to the floor on all fours and start searching underneath the surrounding pews when I heard my dad say, "Oh.......this ring?" I looked up to find him smiling at me with my ring on his pinky finger.

What a brat.

No comments: