Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trouble Toes

I was over at my friends house the other day and while she went to put her baby down for a nap I thought I would kick off my shoes and relax for a little while on the couch. While she was attending to her son, her husband and I started a conversation in the living room. A friendly little chit-chat to catch up with what's been going on. Well, as I was going to be there for awhile (I was the baby-sitter, wink-wink) I slipped my flip-flops off and curled my legs up onto the couch.

All I know is that the next thing that happened---didn't sound good. As I had curled my legs up on the couch, my bare feet were kind-of tucked in beside me, but I tell you, my feet have a mind of their own sometimes. My toes have a knack for criss-crossing, I mean, you've heard of snapping your fingers, well.........I can snap my toes. Anywho, he was in the middle of telling me some big sports "to do" and all of sudden my big toe snapped with the toe next to it and thumped on the couch. I froze! I waited to see if he stopped his conversation or if the features on his face changed, but he kept on talking. Phew. You see, to the unsuspecting person that toe thumping on the couch could have very easily passed as the sound of someone.........hmmm, passing a quick little burst of air through their lower system. (Like how I phrased that?!) When it happened, all I could think about was whether he heard it and whether or not he thought I......passed air through my lower system. I felt like breaking into his sports story and telling him that it was NOT what it sounded like and that it was my toes, THAT'S ALL. But, as he kept on talking as though he hadn't even heard anything out of the ordinary, I tried to just ignore it and get over the embarrassment of having someone think I'd done "that" right in front of them without even saying "excuse me". LOL.

Okay................moving on. :)

No comments: