Friday, February 6, 2009

Hip Hop Heart

Hip-hop, a change of heart! I never thought I would see the day when my dad would want to listen to music known as hip-hop and rock and pop. (Your typical "party" stations.) Chaaaa!

He's always been more of the "traditional" type, and he always let my sister and I know how he felt about "that kind of music"when we were growing up. Never stopped us from listening to it, but we knew how dad felt about it. But NOW the tides have turned. Now it is nothing to hear him driving home with the windows down and a Kanye West tune blaring from the radio. Just this evening I found him at the computer with his little hand held radio nearby. He had it tuned to one of his favorite hip-hop stations and was jamming to Kanye West. His head just a bouncing away to the beat. Can you picture it?! It's nothing new to hear him listening to today's new artists in that genre, whether it's Pink, Brittney Spears, T.I., Rhianna, etc.

NEVER in my life did I think I would see the day when my dad would be jamming out to "that kind of music". It's quite a sight and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. I sit there in amazement and amusement. LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell ya it's the mohawk that did it to him. :)

Judith Anne said...

His 10 second mohawk. Pahhhhhh! As if. :)

T. Russell said...

Oh my...I can't picture this...Another reason for me to come visit I guess :)

Judith Anne said...

Ummmm, YA! You need to come out and see what we're up to these days! wink-wink