Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Leopards

Have you ever had one of those moments where your brain blunders your words?

That just happened. After lunch today my sister and I headed to the pet store so I could buy a few more toys for my dogs. We browsed the toy section and after making my selections we headed up to the register. Well, as I was trying to pull out my pet store card and swipe my debit card at the same time the guy behind the register asked me what kind of dog I had. Amazingly enough my mind was pulling a blank and I couldn't think of what they were called. Then it came to me! Or so I thought.

What came out of my mouth was, "Ummm, they're leopards." WHAT?! As soon as those words left my mouth I new it sounded preposterous and I had mixed my words. LOL! That was my cross between a "Lab" and a "Shepard". My brain came up with leopards. As soon as it rolled out of my mouth I realized my mistake and looked to my sister for some help. I'm sure my face was a priceless look of confusion. For the life of me I couldn't spit out what type of breed they were. Definitely NOT leopard. For sure! My mind was pulling a blank. Pahhhhhh! Thank heavens my sister came to the assist and spoke up for me saying, "They're Shepard mixes." My brain was still trying to piece together what just happened. What a nut job!

As my sister and I walked out of the store we let loose in a fit of giggles. My sister also informed me that I almost made her pee her pants with that "leopard" comment as we stood in line. What can I say? Only me!

Ya know, if they didn't have so many boxes to click after swiping my card I MIGHT have been able to focus a little better and not look like a 3-ring circus. Tahhhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: hit the bathrooms before going to a pet store with you. I swear trying to hold in the laughter almost made me pee my pants! The two workers were like 'What?' That's probably a new one for them. Not too many leopard owners in these parts. LOL

T. Russell said...

oh my gosh Judith...you crack me up! I wish I would have been there for that one. Yeah Heather, I wouldn't think there are too many leopard owners around there:) Too funny!

Judith Anne said...

Pahhhh! I was so busy trying to figure out the card situation and hit all the right buttons that I really didn't catch their response to what I'd said. Talk about confusion, LOL!

Wish I could've seen their faces!