Friday, August 26, 2011

Simply Smashing

This afternoon found myself shopping at a local grocery store with my husband. As we were coming to the end of the aisle I noticed an older man sitting on a motorized grocery cart about six feet away. I didn't want to presume that he was staring at me but he was definitely looking in my direction as he sat there on his cart. At the time I wasn't quite sure what to make of him.

I watched as he continued to stare while simultaneously hitting the gas pedal on his grocery cart and without warning drove himself directly into the end cap on the aisle, smashing into a collection of chip bags. He went all of about three feet. The abrupt halt to his path apparently snapped him out of his trance.

Note to self: don't stare and steer behind the wheel. HA!

No comments: