Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hitchhiker

My husband and I will be camping in the Mississippi woods for the next year in our trailer. We've already experienced ants in the trailer and earlier this morning I saw a king-sized daddy long leg hanging on our trailer tire.

I've already had an experience with a daddy long leg of that size in the trailer and I didn't want to take a chance of having another run in anytime soon. I picked up a stick and knocked him flat on the ground.

This morning I decided to try out the camp laundromat. What do you think I found inside but another king-sized daddy long leg sitting on top of someones laundry basket. I shuddered to myself and willingly kept my distance.

As I was leaving the laundry room I felt like something was crawling down the back of my neck. I gave my head a little jerk to shake off the feeling and ignored anything my imagination was trying to put into my head.

I plopped down on the couch when I got home a minute later and began to tell my husband about the laundry room. All of a sudden I felt something on my elbow and looked over to find a huge daddy long leg climbing up my arm. All at once I shrieked and went with my first instinct to swat it away. I know they say daddy long legs are harmless but you wait until those long 4-inch legs are climbing on you with that pinto bean sized body. It gave me the heebie -jeebies, especially when I had to think about how long it had been on me and where it came from.

Had I carried it back all the way from the laundry room?! Oh my gosh......

No comments: