Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crimp, I Mean Limp, In My Style

My heels were unfortunately run into with a cart yesterday and although one can never claim it feels good it certainly brought around a load of laughter later in the day.

I was sitting around with the family and I brought up the little incident that had happened to me earlier in the day and I mentioned how we'd accidentally do that to one another when we were kids. It was always on accident, at least in our case it was, as I would hope no one would purposefully drive a cart into someones heels. Anyhow, I was nearly in a fit of laughter and I could hardly see straight with my eyes squinted up so bad with the smile plastered on my face over the memories of our reactions when we'd get hit with the cart.

The cart would make a clatter as it was jolted to a stop and you could almost see the victim's back get smaller in size as they'd cringe with the initial pain. The culprit would look with a wide eyed face trying to read how the victim was going to react. The culprit would try their best not to laugh at the whole situation but watching the unfortunate victim tighten up so fast like that makes you bite your lip to keep the smile off your face that says "I sympathize with you, I'm so sorry." The victim that was clearly walking in front of the cart would immediately freeze upon impact and then slowly turn around with that all too familiar glare in their eyes that makes you want to shrink and make their world a better place for them..........but it's too late and the damage has been done, the heels have been crimped with a limp. Can you picture it?

Oh memory lane...........

1 comment:

Lisa Messner said...

Been there and done that-had the cart hit me from the back that is. I warn my boys if they happen to be pushing the cart behind me-they BETTER NOT hit me with it. It hurts so bad!! :o)