Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flushed Away

Living in a trailer is not without its quirks. I've been living in this trailer about a week and a half and I'm still learning the ins and outs of what every knob, switch and lever does exactly. When my husband asked me if I could "flush the black tank" I immediately quirked an eyebrow and questioned his question about what it was exactly he wanted me to do. He explained that when the toilet starts to bubble up when you go to flush it, the black tank (which holds all that lovely stuff we send down the toilet) is telling you it's time to drain it, aka-releasing it into the city sewer. After a thorough explanation of what it was I was supposed to do I told him I'd get it done.

Well time flew by during the morning activities and I pushed the black tank flushing to the afternoon and figured everything would still be sitting idle down there and it would be okay. I happened to use the bathroom this afternoon and I was reminded of what I still needed to do with the infamous black tank. As I placed my foot on the lever to flush the toilet, bubbles from down below came bursting forth with gusto and sent the toilet water flying a good 2 feet in the air. Never have I seen spray like that come flying out of a toilet and you can imagine my horror as I yelped and plastered myself against the furthest wall in the miniature styled bathroom. After disinfecting the toilet and walls I figured it was time to flush the black tank and send its contents on its way. After seeing that water rocket out of that toilet I will never again put off flushing the black tank.

Can you imagine if you were doing a double duty and flushed the toilet while you were still sitting down and that happened? Oooooh man! No thanks.

When my husband got home I told him what happened and he went on to tell me that when you're dealing with a full black tank you should always flush it slowly. Of course. Thanks for the heads up babe. Pahhhh!

No comments: