Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Teeth Are Tired

This evening I made a chicken broccoli casserole for dinner and it just so happened that the broccoli towards the top of the casserole didn't get as soft as normal. It was rather crunchy and of course the first one to notice was my dad. The whole meal he was commenting about how he had to chew all that crunchy broccoli and I continued to tell him that not ALL the broccoli was crunchy. With an ornery smirk I told him to get over it and be thankful we had food. Tahhhh! Besides, the crunchier the healthier. (Anything to get his mind off the broccoli.) During dinner I heard comments from him like:

"This broccoli is crunchy."
"Better bring your teeth to the table."
"How high did you cook this?"
"Haven't you made this before? What happened?"
and the real kicker at the end of the meal..........
"My teeth are tired."

And guess who went back for seconds?!

Oh yes, the big man himself, pahhhhh! Go figure. I'm sure with all the laughing I did during dinner I burned off all the food I ate. Oh how laughter is good for the soul!

Thanks Dad.

No comments: