Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Denied

A few days ago I was treating myself to a box of macaroni and cheese for lunch. While I waited for the water to boil I noticed there was a game code on the inside of the box. A contest?! I'd seen the contest ad on a few previous boxes of mac and cheese but never gave it a second thought. But, as I've been home with no work on the agenda I had nothing better to do and thought I might as well give it a try and see if I win, I was feeling lucky.

I brought up the official game website and as I was a NEW user I had to create a login. So, I created my login and password. Then the site asked me to enter my birth date. I found the year I was born and thought nothing of it. After hitting enter, the next thing that popped up was some one liner about "Sorry, you're too old." Little did I know you must be between the ages of 6-14 to enter! Then why, might I ask, did they have my birth year and many more past mine to choose from?! It might have been a letdown but I didn't have a meltdown. I'll just never know what could have been. I'm SURE I had a winning code.

There goes my free Jungle Weekend at Busch Gardens and other cool prizes.

Oh well, I'm still a strong supporter of the blue box.

No comments: