Saturday, December 6, 2008

Freight Train Coming Through

How is it that I wound up with the loudest cart at the store?!

As soon as I selected it I knew I picked a special needs cart. The wheels were wobbly and with every rotation of the four little wheels came a horrendous shaking metal sound that can only be described as a freight train. As I meandered up and down the aisles I noticed that I was drawing stares left and right. I felt like I needed to explain to them that it WASN'T me, it was the cart. Blame the store. No matter which direction I turned with the cart there were people throwing glances my direction as I walked by. Awkward. No doubt they wanted a look see at what all the commotion was as it sounded like a forklift was buzzing up and down the aisles.

I even tried to reduce the noise by lifting the cart handle slightly as I pushed it along but it didn't make any difference. There I was, roaming around the store with the noisiest cart banging around going clankety-clank with each spin of the wheels. Probably didn't help much when I put a set of tins in the cart either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as you know i'm not one to usualy give advice but i'll try..... Once i had that problem and i got a new cart. I know some wow marts doesn't have many extras because they are roaming around outside but i bet you went early enough that there were a few extras laying around inside. It worked for me when i got a new cart. Maybe you'll take this advice and use it sometime. Good luck on your next adventure to Wow Mart. :)

P.S. If this doesn't work then you better go to Target. They have special bushings in their wheels. That's why they're better!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous I like the way you think! I would probably have taken the cart back myself if I shopped at the store with the loud broken down carts, but since I shop at the bullseye store myself I don't have these issues. :)

Judith Anne said...

I have no explanation for why I didn't turn right around and return that cart.

I do prefer the ol' bullseye store myself, but I'm on a strict budget........for now. :)

I shop where I can afford.....even if it is ghettoville. Pahhhh!