Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rock Bottom

When you've reached rock bottom, the only place to go is up.

That is my encouragement for the day. I was called in to sub for 7th grade this morning and all I can say is---I survived. I reached my destination and found that the absent teacher had left NO LESSON PLANS for me. My first day subbing and that is what I'm given. What are the odds?!

First hour went by smoothly, but the big turning point in my day was third hour. Not only was I winging it on the lesson plans and secretly hoping the students wouldn't catch on, but I was dealing with half a room full of students that felt they needed to be the center of attention among their peers. Attention deprived? I think not.

Needless to say, I resigned from teaching 7th grade again. What a first day. It can only get better from here!

No comments: