Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tattooed

I was born a blondie, through and through. My eyelashes are so blond you can hardly even tell they are there. It's unfortunate but in order to even appear as though I have eyelashes I use a little mascara to make them visible.

This morning as I was getting ready to apply the mascara to my left eye I somehow managed to hit my cheek with the brush as I raised my hand. I looked in the mirror at a black line across my cheekbone. It looked like I'd been playing in black tar. I puffed the air out of my cheeks and wondered if my daily battles with mascara are really worth it.

I reached up to wipe the smear away and instead of lifting the black stain lacing my cheek it seemed to spread into a line twice as long as it once was. I immediately started scrubbing my cheek and as I rinsed my fingers off I looked up into the mirror. I noticed there was still a gray tinged line marring my cheekbone and it wasn't going anywhere.

Had I known the mascara was going to tattoo my face I would have at least made it into a cool design.

Like a flower, or a butterfly, or a ............

No comments: