Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear

I was out walking the dogs along the railroad tracks this afternoon when I heard a noise. I continued to hear a faint whistle sound and although it was rather quiet it sounded as though it were close by. I looked around to see where it could possibly have come from but all I saw was an old warehouse with birds lining the roof. The faint whistle seemed to follow me as I walked along and I turned my head left and right trying to figure out what was causing the sound.

When I realized it wasn't coming from anything nearby I took note that we were walking into the wind and came up with the conclusion that it must be my nose or my ears causing all the commotion. I couldn't decide which it was. When I turned my head away from the wind the whistle disappeared. It didn't sound like it was coming from my ears due to the rush of the wind, and my next best guess was that it was the wind blowing past my stuffy nose.

Although I wasn't able to put my finger on what was causing the noise, I do know that when I changed direction away from the wind it was complete silence.

No matter which it was I'd still like to think that my nose doesn't whistle.

No comments: