Monday, October 11, 2010

Swat the Season

How is it that fly swatters can be a seasonal item in stores?

I have had so much trouble with flies in our trailer. They fly in and I can't seem to get rid of them. I have looked everywhere for a fly swatter and nobody has them. I have tried using my flip flops but the flies are just too fast for the shoe slamming towards them. I find myself thinking, "Wait 2 or 3 days, then they'll slow down a bit and be easier to kill......." I'm trying to be patient but I need a fly swatter now!

Out of desperation I finally stopped at a Walgreen's pharmacy today and asked the cashier if they carried any. I informed her I looked on the mop aisle where they are typically kept and found nothing. Much to my dismay she replied that IF they had any they would be by the mops. She then went on to tell me that fly swatters are a seasonal item and they only order them once a year. Once they are out, they are out. Sold, zilch, gone.

Nearly every household in America has a fly swatter..........so why can't mine?

Why must finding a fly swatter be so difficult?!

No comments: