Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ribbons and Bows

It's amazing how you can make fun of someone without even saying a word. Especially when it's your MOM. They are like mind readers.

Mom decided that she needed to go through the Christmas ribbon and bow box this morning. I was laying on the floor nonchalantly watching her as she dug through the box separating the keepers from the throwaways. After she was done she had a pile of loose ribbons that she wanted to organize and keep, and what better way to organize than by rolling the ribbon constructively around an old wrapping paper roll. I watched, very amused, as she taped the end of the ribbon to the roll and began turning and winding the ribbon up. As I lay on the floor I grew used to the sound of the her hands brushing against the roll with quick, short turns. When she finally paused and made eye contact with me I couldn't stop myself from bursting into laughter! It was nutty watching her roll up yard after yard of ribbon. She knew I was being ornery and she gave me an ornery smile right back as she said, "Waste not, want not." The icing on the cake. LOL! I didn't even have to say anything and she knew what I was laughing at!

Moms.

No comments: