Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Great Collapse

I was in the janitors closet this morning putting supplies away when I nearly collapsed under the weight of a box of paper towels.

Picturing that might cause you to laugh but I assure you it was no laughing matter when I was caught with a box falling towards my head and no support in the arms to catch it.

As I was putting the box up on the shelf I ignored the fact that my arms were still recooperating from my early morning exercises. It didn't take me long to realize they were as loose as rubber bands when I tried to lift the paper towel box and place it on a shelf 6-1/2 feet up. Arms raised above my head with a grip on a box that I thought was tough as glue fell apart as I couldn't quite get the edge of the box up and over the shelf. The box bumped off the shelf and my limp noodled arms tried to counteract the weight coming right back at me and nearly pushed myself into the wall behind me.

With shaking arms I was able to push the box with my tummy onto a lower shelf and prevented myself from collapsing onto the floor. LOL!

Paints such a pretty picture, eh?

Needless to say, I did get the box up onto the shelf. Only took me 2 tries and a secure grip.

No comments: