Friday, September 11, 2009

Scared Spitless

While I have been sitting at my desk this afternoon I've noticed a blue blur that continued to flash by through the hallway window. As I've been busy doing my work I hadn't really paid much attention to it.

Well, little did I know what I was about to run into.

I got up from my desk to retrieve some papers off the printer which is in a hallway 30 feet away from where I sit. As I turned to leave the printer area I heard a noise coming down the stairs to my left but I couldn't see anything for the wall that was standing between us. The commotion grew louder and just as I stepped around the wall and could visually see the stairs, off sprung this little pixie of a girl dressed in blue. She scared me spitless and I have to admit I was not expecting to see her there. From the look on her face I could tell she wasn't expecting to see me either. Her eyes became huge as saucers and she looked at me with that shy look of "oops, I got caught". As my heart was coming back down to earth I choked on the words I was about to say and all I could muster out was a quiet, "Oh! You scared me." She then informed me in a whisper that I scared her too. No doubt!

When I heard the commotion coming down the stairs and then got startled by the figure jumping into my path my first instinct was to yell at whoever it was for running down the stairs in the first place and scaring me. I figured it was one of the programmers from upstairs and they'd have been able to handle that, wink-wink. You can imagine how shocked I was to find out it was a little girl. NOT what I was expecting at all.

Where did she even come from?! LOL!

No comments: