Tuesday, September 8, 2009

King Sized

I was sitting on the couch watching "Magnum P.I." with my parents this evening when I noticed something on my dad's foot. He was eating his ice-cream and had casually draped his foot across his outstretched leg when I saw a big ol' white thing on the bottom edge of his foot. I believe I said something along the lines of, "Whoa! Is that a king sized wart?"

It seriously looked like some kind of abnormal growth and I seemed to surprise my dad with my comment, almost as though he had no idea that "thing" was on his foot. He put aside his bowl of ice-cream and leaned down for a closer look. My loud comment about my dad's foot drew my brothers attention and he got up out of his chair to take a gander as well.

My dad took a closer look at the white thing in question and just smirked at me when he said, "That's just a piece of food I must have stepped on in the kitchen." The next thing I know he flicked it at me! It landed a few inches away from where I was sitting on the couch and I decided to flick it back. I prepared my fingers and flicked away! The little thing which was once thought of as a wart went sailing through the air aimed right back towards my dad and brother. Apparently my aim was near perfection because I saw my brother jerk his arm that was holding his ice-cream bowl while he yelled, "Hey, my bowl!"

Just pretend it's an almond in your ice-cream. HA!

No comments: