Friday, October 3, 2008

Pulling A Molly

For all of you (old school) Saturday Night Live fans out there, I think you'll get a kick out of this one. Remember the episodes where Molly Shannon would dress up like a Catholic school girl and play little Mary Katherine and be as nutty as ever? Well, I had a little girl pull a "Molly" today.

One of the girls in my class came in today wearing a pleated skirt, which was cute but probably a little too short for her. (Mommy should have sent her with shorts on underneath.) Anywho, at one point today we were about to play a math game and this lil girl had gotten up from her chair and was standing near the back table where the demonstration was going to take place. Little did she know that her skirt (made of thick material) had scrunched up behind her and was most likely showing her lil panties, but from my angle I couldn't see. However, that didn't stop one little boy from noticing as he walked behind her.

He immediately cast his eyes downward and attempted to hide his shy smile. As he walked over to his desk, I saw him whisper to his neighbor (another boy) and gestured toward the girl. His face broke into a shy smile as well and I figured I better do something fast before anything escalated. I quickly crossed the classroom to diffuse the giggles and shy smiles with a shake of the hand, a tilt of my head, and a little wink that said "shush". By the time I turned around to do damage control, the skirt was in place, exactly where it was meant to be. Wow.

No more than a few seconds after, I had stopped up at the front desk when I heard a quiet "toot" escape into the air from nearby. As I lifted my gaze I noticed a few students were looking around in puzzlement (no doubt trying to figure out who it was) with silly little grins on their faces. One little guy that had been scooted out from his desk with his head resting on his folded arms turned around to face me, with an embarrassed lil grin on his face. I gave him a look that reassured him his secret was safe with me and threw in a wink for good measure.

With both episodes playing out a mere seconds from each other I wanted to burst into laughter, but I kept myself under control. Kids............hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're like a superhero to the masses that keeps embarrassing situations from coming to light! Shouldn't you be on NBC?

P.S. - Molly Shannon is the funniest!

Judith Anne said...

I think so! One quick look at my life and I'd have the crowds in laughter. I tell you, there is never a dull moment.

If only......