Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mudpit Thriller

My friend and I were out by my husbands job site today and located nearby are some mud pits. They are like boiling cauldrons of stew. The mud bubbles up from below and makes volcanoes out of the ground. The hot air bursts through the dried mud and spits and spews the wet slop everywhere.

As my friend and I went exploring around the mud holes you can't help but hear the gaseous bubbles exploding all around you. They sound so strange and it almost makes you feel as though you're walking in someones belly that's filled with gas. We continued our walk, exploring all the mud holes when out of nowhere came a big bee of some sort.

First he flew around my friend which caused her to shriek and run down the mud hill she was standing on. We began moving away from the area thinking the bee would venture off and leave us alone. Wrong. The big bee then began moving from her to me, flying around one of us until we'd wildly wave it away and then it would go bother the other girl. We probably looked hilarious as we shrieked and swung our arms wildly trying to get away from the enormous bee. It was a losing battle and we decided to skedaddle.

However, the bee wasn't done with us. As we made our way across the field towards the car the ornery bee continued to bother us and both of us girls wound up running across the field to get to the car faster, laughing all the way at how goofy each other looked. We jumped in the car and let out a sigh. I turned the AC on to cool down the car and my friend almost rolled her window down but I stopped her in time telling her the bee might be around. Just then ---BAM! The bee dive bombed the windshield. The next time I go to the mud pits I think I might be taking along my Texas sized fly swatter.

No comments: