Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly

I was out in the backyard with the dogs this afternoon when I noticed something shiny over in the grass. Upon closer examination I realized it was a torn up baggie of some sorts. Not wanting the dogs to consume what they had clearly already shredded I picked up the pieces. As I was down on the ground level I couldn't help but notice the mountain of dog poop nearby that one of the dogs had so nicely disposed of. I wasn't quite in the mood to pick up their poops right then so I gathered what was in my hand and went to throw it away.

The weather had been so pleasant today that I decided to walk around the yard with the dogs a bit before heading in for good. I meandered around the grass enjoying the sunshine warming my skin and the breeze blowing through my curls when I saw a butterfly out of the corner of my eye. I slowed my movement so as not to startle it and admired his orange colored wings fluttering in the breeze. Apparently the breeze was a mite too much for him at the moment and the butterfly stopped for a break. He landed on the mountain of poop!

I gasped in shock as I watched in horror as the orange butterfly sat directly on top of the poop pile and opened and closed his wings. Never in all my life have I seen a butterfly land on dog poop. Butterflies belong on trees, flowers and bushes.......not dog poop!

I could hardly believe what my eyes were seeing and leaned in for a closer look. That's when the butterfly launched itself off of the mountainous pile of dog poop and landed on my shirt. Pahhhh! Yuck.

What's this world coming to? LOL!

No comments: