Thursday, September 22, 2011

Five Alarm Fire

I was making some homemade salsa today and as my husband always complains that it is not spicy enough for him I decided to add some fresh jalapeno. I typically make it mild so when I was faced with the jalapeno on my cutting board I didn't know how much to add. I went with half the of the pepper, diced it up into minute chunks and called it good.

While completing the salsa I had to blow my nose so I grabbed a tissue and blew. Immediately my nose felt like it was on fire. My right nostril seemed to have a flame inside that was tearing my nose apart. In that brief moment I couldn't remember whether I'd washed my hands before blowing my nose and knew that the jalepeno heat had set my nostril on fire. I did the only thing I could think of to cool down the growing fire. I grabbed an ice cube and stuck it up my nose.

So here's hoping to an early extinguish on the wildfire that is rampaging in my nose.......as I grab another ice cube out of the freezer and stuff it up my nostril.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I had a good laugh, picturing you with the ice cube. I needed a laugh today. I just happened upon your blog and enjoyed reading your posts. I'll be back, Judith Anne!

Judith Anne said...

Thank you so much for your comment!