Monday, March 14, 2011

Highly Entertaining

I found it highly amusing this afternoon watching my dogs while I threw Goldfish pretzels at them. I have no idea how it started but once I began tossing the pretzels it truly was hard to stop amidst all the laughter it created.

Calling the dogs over to where I was sitting, I began to toss a pretzel to each of them. Abbie and Chloe are clearly not trained in the art of catching food with their mouths, unlike their brother Benny who has a big mouth and knows how to use it.

Watching Chloe was probably the most entertaining. I laughed hysterically every time I threw a pretzel her way because she wouldn't move a muscle, letting the pretzel hit her square between the eyes and then after it landed she would get up to eat it off the floor. I would toss it to her expecting her to catch it in her mouth and she'd let it bounce right off of her face. time and time again. Chloe just looked at me with her expressive eyebrows as if saying, "Why did you do that?"

Abbie on the other hand tries hard to catch the flying pretzels. After the first few hit her face and fall to the floor she catches on to the gameplan. (It takes her awhile to warm up and figure out what she is supposed to be doing.) I watched as she finally caught one with an open mouth, however, the pretzel stuck to the tip of her tongue as she sat there with an open mouth just long enough to look goofy.

Benny on the other hand will catch the pretzels in his mouth and then pick up what his sisters have missed. He's in constant motion the whole time and probably scores the biggest stash of all.

It's amazing the amount of laughter that's created from a handful of stale pretzels and 3 dogs. LOL!

2 comments:

Katie Davies said...

Your dogs sound highly amusing. I love dogs as well, I have featured quite a few in my animated ecards, if you have a moment why not have a look at my Birthday Ecards at www.katiescards.com

Judith Anne said...

They are at that! An entertaining bunch I have. :)